In our effort to support local businesses and causes we're excited to introduce a new Event Import functionality.
If you already have a calendar that you like, you can import your events automatically into Locable to distribute through Local Connections to reach more locals and visitors.
When you add your calendar, we'll import existing events and check it daily for updates.
Please note: we require clean event data which means a title, description, start date, start time, and location while supporting additional fields like images etc. If data is missing in the feed imported you'll need to add it manually. You'll be notified via email every time an event is imported and if there is any data missing.
Importing events is tricky due to the number of calendars and the structure of the data. As such, we will handle the feed configuration for you to ensure events import as expected.
Please send us the URL of your calendar feed to begin the process.
Finding your Feed URL
Chamber Master or Chamber Organizer
The correct feed URL for this type of calendar will include "rss" and link to an XML document.
When in doubt, try yoururl.com/Feed/rss/Events.rss or yoursubdomain.chambermaster.com/Feed/rss/Events.rss
To import a Timely calendar:
- Find the "Subscribe" menu
- Hover over the "Export to XML" option
- Right click and choose "Copy Link Address." This is the URL we need in order to import the calendar.
To import a Google calendar:
- Click this link to go to your Google calendars
- Click the gear icon in the top right, choose "Settings"
- Look for the calendar you want to import underneath "Settings for my calendars", click it
- Find the URL underneath "Public address in iCal format." This is the URL we need in order to import the calendar.
- Or review this article for screenshots